Donations are needed to support ElderCare of Alachua County services.
Contributions provide direct support for the ElderCare programs that help those in need. Without donor support, we could not provide the many services that we do. Last year alone, donor and volunteers helped provide over 100,000 hot lunches and many thousands of transportation trips and telephone reassurance calls to help the elderly. Through your help, seniors are able to avoid illness and loneliness with increased independence and a better quality of life.
Gifts may be made through pledges; cash; stock; real property; bequests in wills; annuities; trusts; paid-up life insurance policies; and in-kind gifts. Your contribution, whatever the amount, is priceless.
- Hot meal deliveries, five days a week for one year, for a senior citizen
- 70 hours of homemaking services.
- 62 hours of personal care
- 225 hours of day care at Al’z Place
- 100 congregate meals
- Hot meal deliveries, five days a week for one month, for a senior citizen
- One month of emergency alert response for three seniors
- Congregate meals for one week for one senior
- Rotary Club of Gainesville – Spring, 2003 – donated a beautiful new passenger van using proceeds from their Wild Beast Feast. The van is used to deliver meals and transport elderly clients.
- Shands Patient Financial Services – employees of Shands HealthCare’s patient financial services held several fund raisers on behalf of ElderCare. Activities includes Jeans Day, where employees were allowed to wear jeans if they paid one dollar for the privilege.
- Hidden Oak Elementary – students decorated place mats which were delivered to ElderCare’s meal clients during Thanksgiving week.
- Pilot Club of Gainesville – donated funds to purchase special equipment used at Al’z place.
- Shands at UF Employees – have once again assembled holiday gift bags for the more than 260 meals clients. The bags are delivered during the holiday season and include items such as toothpaste, calendars, and soap.