If you would like to interact and provide assistance for the elderly, a variety of flexible volunteer opportunities are available. Volunteers make a positive difference in the lives of many seniors and are a significant part of the programs and services that ElderCare of Alachua County offers. ElderCare welcomes volunteers of all ages, both individual and as groups volunteering together.
Whether you can provide one hour or 100 hours per year, your contribution of time and service is important to the seniors we serve at ElderCare.
- Sponsor a fundraiser for ElderCare
- Senior Recreation Center
- Something New in Orange and Blue
- Moonlight & Martinis
- Ride to Remember
- ElderCare of Alachua County Golf Tournament
- Delivering Meals on Wheels. Lunch is delivered to homebound seniors Monday – Friday bewteen the hours of 10:00 AM and 2:30 PM.
- Assist at congregate mealsites. Volunteers interact and assist seniors with arts and crafts, educational and exercise programs. There are also opportunities to serve the elderly lunch at the seven congregate meal sites provided in Gainesville and in several surrounding towns.
- Entertaining at congregate meal sites. If you play the piano, sing, juggle, or dance, you can put your talents to work while bringing joy into the lives of many. The congregate meals sites welcome pre-approved guests for special events.
- Sponsor a class at the City of Gainesville/Alachua County Senior Recreation Center. If you have a special talent or knowledge that you would like to share, you can consider starting a class.
- Assist at Al’z Place. Volunteering at Al’z Place involves assisting seniors with Alzheimer’s or memory impairment in their daily activities and/or serving lunch. Al’z is open from 7:45 am- 5 pm, Monday-Friday.
- Help publicize ElderCare and it’s mission in the local community.