Our mission is to be an advocate for the elderly and provide services that will build capacity, maximize independence, and enrich the quality of life for the seniors in Alachua County and north central Florida.
ElderCare of Alachua County is committed to raising money and awareness of the services and programs needed to enable seniors to remain independent in their own home for as long as they are able to.
We are a 100 percent grant- and donation-funded agency.
Annually, your financial generosity and volunteer efforts allow us to serve:
- Meals at six Alachua County meal sites
- Home-delivered meals to homebound seniors
Other services during the year include:
- Al’z Place – provide approximately 24,840 hours of daycare for Alzheimer patients
- Homemaking – assist seniors by providing approximately 7,413 hours of services
- Transportation – providing approximately 1,474 rides
- PrimeTime Institute – provides educational programs and social activities
- Senior Recreation Center – recreation and activity center serving the elders in our local community
- Meals on Wheels – offers congregate meal sites and home-delivered meals for seniors
- Home and Community Based Services – offer personal and/or community support to those 60 and older
- Independence with Low Vision – provides training for adults and seniors who have experienced severe vision loss or blindness.
For complete details on services and programs offered by the ElderCare of Alachua County, visit our Services page or contact us at 352-265-9040.