Donations are needed to support ElderCare of Alachua County services.
As a non-profit organization, your contributions provide direct support for the ElderCare programs that help those in need. Without donor support, we could not provide the many services that we do. Last year alone, donor and volunteers helped provide over 100,000 hot lunches and many thousands of transportation trips and telephone reassurance calls to help the elderly. Through your help, seniors are able to avoid illness and loneliness with increased independence and a better quality of life.
Your gift to ElderCare of Alachua County directly supports our programs serving the seniors in our community.
- Nutritious, hot meal deliveries, for one year, for a senior citizen
- 59 hours of homemaking services.
- 56 hours of personal care
- 159 hours of day care at Al’z Place
- 59 hours of in-home respite for caregivers
- 100 congregate meals
- Hot meal deliveries, five days a week for one month, for a senior citizen
- One month of emergency alert response for three seniors
- Congregate meals for one week for one senior
- Rotary Club of Gainesville (Spring 2003) – donated a beautiful new passenger van using proceeds from their Wild Beast Feast. The van is used to deliver meals and transport elderly clients.
- UF Health Patient Financial Services – employees of UF Health’s patient financial services held several fund raisers on behalf of ElderCare. Activities includes Jeans Day, where employees were allowed to wear jeans if they paid one dollar for the privilege.
- Hidden Oak Elementary – students decorated place mats which were delivered to ElderCare’s meal clients during Thanksgiving week.
- Pilot Club of Gainesville – donated funds to purchase special equipment used at Al’z place.
- UF Health Employees – have once again assembled holiday gift bags for the more than 260 meals clients. The bags are delivered during the holiday season and include items such as toothpaste, calendars, and soap.
Ways to Donate
- Online: You can make an online donation.
- Mail: 5701 NW 34 Blvd, Gainesville, FL 32653
- Telephone: 352-265-9040